Let's bake marble cake

14:09

Who doesn't like to have a bit of cake every so often, I do love to sit and watch my favourite shows with some tea and cake. Personally I find some of the most basic cakes the tastiest and they're the easiest to make too so go on you know you want to make it. This recipe is not one that I made but found online and thought I'd share it with you, I'll leave the link to the original site that I found this recipe on at the end.

Ingredients:
225g butter, softened
225g caster sugar
4 eggs
225g self raising flour
3 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp cocoa powder
 Preheat the oven to 180/gas. Grease cake tin and line the bottom with some grease proof paper.
 If you wish to go for the easiest method then you can put all the ingredients except the cocoa powder into a food processor, I always go for the by hand method myself. Beat the butter and sugar together until smooth.
 Add the eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition. If your lucky enough to have some double yolkers like I did then two eggs should be enough.
 Now fold in the flour, milk and vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth.
 Divide the mixture into two bowls and stir the cocoa powder into one of the bowls.
Use two spoons to dollop the chocolate and vanilla mixes into the tin alternately. Once all the mixture has been spooned into the tin take a skewer or in my case the handle of a tea spoon and swirl it around the mixture in the tin a few times to get that marbled effect.
 Bake the cake for 45-55 minutes. Turn out onto a cooling rack to cool. This cake will keep for 3 days.
Hope you enjoy x. Here's the link to the original site of the recipe (http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5557/chocolate-marble-cake)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I made this the other day but I made a coffee one instead of chocolate, it was so bitter yuck!
    I love your blog and have followed! Would love it if you checked out my blog, I've done baking posts too! (Check out my Christmas cupcakes) x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Follow me on Instagram